Well, I got back from my European travels and brought Douglas home a Liverpool Football Club jersey with shorts. He immediately put it on and practiced the soccer moves he has been learning in class. Check out the family photo album for some action shots.The next morning, we asked him to get ready for church and he ran in and put on his jersey and shorts. "I won't get cold, Mom," he assured us. We eventually talked him into some pants. I had bought him and Claire matching Chicago shirts (I was in the Chicago airport afterall) for the SuperBowl and he only wore that a few hours, before he changed back into his soccer shirt (to show it off to his friend, Jake, of course).
He wore it again at soccer class today, where they learned passing.
Needless to say, the past few days was filled with lots of football - European and American style.
1 comment:
So, as you know, Gibson is similarly apt to become obsessed with a certain article of clothing. Currently, he is really into his basketball jerseys. I'm sure I have no idea why. Yesterday we went to the Blazer game and he very proudly work his one Blazer jersey which is a Stoudamire jersey from back before his...uhhmmmm...gardening activities became public. so, now that so many people associate him with the "jail blazers" and his little issue at the airport, and other arrests, do I take away the jersey that my son loves? Do I let it slide since Damon allegedly has finally put that behind him and cleaned up his act? Should I try to replace it with a ridiculously expensive alternative with the name of a nicer (as far as we know) player on it? and how do I explain any of this to my 6 year old? The Damon jersey was a gift I think years ago, or a $1 purchase at Ross or something like that. Oh the dilemna
Post a Comment