Monday, March 24, 2008

Mini-Me

Douglas rediscovered a bear he received as a baby from his great-aunt Jill and dressed him in some outgrown clothes. He has even wanted to dress him in a flannel nightshirt for bedtime (outgrown toddler-size pajamas that his grandma made for him that are still too big for Claire).

In this photo, you might notice that Teddy is wearing his Douglas shirt (which is one of my favorites still) and Douglas is wearing a Larry-Boy shirt that his aunt Rebecca painted for him. Tony took the photo on his new toy, an iPhone.

This past week, he was helping his Dad with some assembly projects in Claire's room. Excited to be using a wrench, helping to put finials on a curtain rod, and other projects, he exclaimed, "I am so happy to be me." What's not to love, really?

Speaking of Claire's room, in addition to her crib, we set up my twin-size daybed and trundle for guests or for when she outgrows her crib. I mentioned to Douglas that he can sleep on this bed when people come to visit and he invites them to stay in his room (which doubles as the guest room as he has a queen size bed). When I joked later that Claire had 3 beds and he only had 1, he was quick to correct me that both he and Claire had two beds, only one of his was in Claire's room. He seems to have a natural gift of optimism (at least on some days). So, now Claire's room is basically pulled together. We are checking things off one room at a time.

1 comment:

Josh Stump said...

I covet Tony's iPhone.

Also, I am sure it is good to be Douglas....and Claire. Isn't that about the best thing that could be said about a parent?