Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Douglasisms

Tonight, Douglas was telling me about a classmate of his that is on vacation with her family for a week in Hawaii. I told him that she was lucky because Hawaii was very beautiful. He replies, "...and very dangerous." I started laughing. He explained, "Hawaii has very dangerous volcanos. Someone could get killed...or damaged." Then he went on to explain how this is exactly how Anakin Skywalker got "damaged" and became Darth Vader. Apparently he'll be very relieved when the poor girl returns from her vacation unharmed.

So, we are not planning a vacation to Hawaii, but we are building out raised vegetable beds in our backyard with the help of Larry and Caroline Lewis from Verdura Gardens. The kids have enjoyed mixing soil, helping with the plantings, and thinking about what we'll eat from our new garden. I can't wait to hear what the kids have to say about that this spring and summer! Luckily, no one in Star Wars was damaged by produce. Whew!

2 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I might have to start working 'damaged' into my vocabulary. What a funny thing for him to say.

Mouche said...

Haha It's awesome that Douglas connected the volcanoes to Star Wars! :P