Well, the Christmas play was a success tonight. We packed the auditorium with family and friends. Bonnie and Harold and Grandma and Tampa came to see Douglas as part of the littlest angel choir. Too cute! As you can see in this photo, he took a lot of pride in doing the song and the hand motions accurately. :) He sang out and wasn't quite as serious as this picture would lead you to believe! Everyone did very well and it was fun to see it all come together.I directed the choir and Tony was a barnyard animal for one of the songs. You can see some photos in the album to the right taken from dress rehearsals and I'll add some new ones as they come my way (I was too busy to take photos and there were lots of cameras in the mix, including the very talented Juanita Martus who took the picture above).
The show hadn't been done for very long when the power went out in the church building. Apparently, the power substation that is just a mile or so down the road burst into flames and is expected to be on fire for 12-18 more hours. Now, the church and up to 50,000 PGE customers are in the dark and we are hoping to have it restored by services tomorrow. I am just thankful that they haven't reported any injuries from the explosions and that the power didn't cut out during the play (as the auditorium doesn't have back-up lights the way the foyer does, where people were sitting and eating after the play, and amazingly each table had been decorated with candle centerpieces which came in handy).
I'll leave you with an addition to the Douglas Dictionary.
I Most Got: phrase. Means "I had almost forgotten." As in, "Mommy, I most got my angel wings."
Instrument: noun. The things that you hang on a Christmas tree. Otherwise known as "ornaments." As in, "Mommy, that candy cane isn't an instrument. It will break if we hang it on the tree. I'd better eat it instead."
2 comments:
Douglas is REALLY cute on pictures and on the videos. He sings very well. "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" is Emily’s favorite song. She always “demands” me to sing it again and again by pointing to her ears( means I want to hear it again). However, I can only sing part of it. Next time, I can just play Douglas video. Emily must be happier when she hear Douglas sings it.
You all have a great holiday!
Douglas did a terrific job as an angel. Although I must say the blond behind him is quite a cutie! (Totally unbiased opinion, of course).
Post a Comment