Friday, March 23, 2007

Doesn't Fit Easily in the Overhead Bin

So, I have been traveling a bit for work recently and Douglas has been anxiously awaiting what treat or toy I might bring him from my trips. We were talking before my last trip to France and he suggested the I bring him back a kayak. When I told him that it might be hard to find a kayak, he then suggested that I bring him back a Batman grappling hook (just like Gibson has, what in the world made him think of it...I don't know).

I thought that was pretty funny, until we were talking tonight about my trip tomorrow to Finland (which he classified as "long" instead of "medium" since I will be gone 5 nights). The conversation went like this:

Douglas: Mommy, will you bring me something back from your long trip?
Mommy: Probably so. I'll keep my eyes open for something special.
Douglas: Like a hamster?
Mommy: No. I don't think I will bring back a hamster.
Douglas: But, but...what about a rabbit?

I guess he'll be disappointed as I have no intention of bringing him back a pet. I guess Tony will have to read him the Berenstain Bears "Get the Gimmies" book a few more times while I am gone.

He really is saying the cutest things. The other day we were rolling a big inflatable exercise ball around in the kitchen. As usual, the place was strewn with toys and we kept rolling the ball over the top of a Captain Jack action figure that he got for Christmas from my Aunt and Uncle. I asked Douglas to move Captain Jack, so he wouldn't be in our way. He replid, "Don't worry, Mom. Captain Jack is really brave." What do you say to that kind of logic?

No comments: