Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8 Random Things

Kristi pinged me to create a list of random things about myself.

1. If given a spare moment, I like to think "outloud" on my blog, this family one and my professional blog at Creative Outlet Labs.

2. I can't wait to go to Disneyland (Kristi has no desire to go, but we are booked for a trip in September). Incredibly, it has been 20 years since I went!

3. If I could have one ridiculous luxury, I would have a towncar and driver. I would rather be a passenger any day (never have to find a parking spot, never have to find change for the parking meter, never have to get gas, etc).

4. I really like to watch "American Idol" and "So, You Think You Can Dance", but prefer the episodes at the end of the season when they have weeded out the folks that can't sing or dance. A little reality TV is cultural literacy, right?

5. I love that we can buy Tillamook cheese in California and in Boston, when we were there a few weeks ago. Gotta love Costco!

6. I love that Claire is a girly-girl who likes bracelets, hair bows, and other things, and that she likes to play with trucks (making motor sounds) and read books about dogs.

7. I love that Douglas and I share a creative streak. He built a house for his Larryboy character out of a wine carrier, complete with windows and doors that he wanted to cut out. Just today, he used a flagpole from his Duplo set to make a jousting lance for one of the figures who fits on a horse.

8. I have the best husband in the world (this might get some objections from my friends who think theirs is the best), but seriously, who else would be a full-time Dad to two high-energy kiddos, move away from friends and family so that I can pursue my career, be 100% supportive of my ideas, and show his romantic streak by pampering me (like for my birthday when he bought me 4 hours at a day spa).

Man, it was hard coming up with 8. It makes Ike's list of 100 things even more impressive!

No comments: