
This weekend we visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was a lot of fun, and very crowded (we hadn't quite done the math that this weekend was the last Saturday before school starts back up again in some local districts). Douglas loved the interactive exhibits and liked the crabs, jellyfish, otters, and penguin displays. He even got to touch a real starfish! Douglas picked out a packet of plastic sharks at the gift shop and has enjoyed playing with them and reminding us of which ones he saw at the aquarium (and which ones scared Mommy).Claire enjoyed the aquarium, too! She was pointing a lot and was generally a good sport about the whole thing. She found a little "purse" containing a soft stuff-animal otter. She looked so cute carrying this, wearing her sunglasses, walking down the sidewalk. Speaking of walking, she now walks everywhere. She'll walk from our apartment, to the elevator, and all the way to the car in the garage. What a big girl! She is certainly feeling better after having another weeklong bout of running of fever. Our kids and their poor tonsils. We are hoping she snaps out of this cycle of sickness before we have to have her tonsils out like we did her brother's.
On Friday, we got Douglas fitted for his tuxedo for Jennifer's cousin Cary, and his fiance Katie's,wedding in September. Earlier that day, Douglas asked me when he was going to get fitted for his "mosquito." It took me a while to figure out he was talking about a suit. I think he did well at the fitting considering he thought we were going to make him wear a blood-sucking insect. :) I think he is mentally preparing to be handsome and well-behaved for pictures. He did some posing in front of the three-way mirror at the store. I think he'll be fine.

In other news, I have created a new online storefront for gear and apparel highlighting the community of Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. Check it out at http://www.hsvgear.com/! If you have ever visited this 26,000 acre gated community, or want to, you should visit the store. You will find all 12 lakes, 9 award-winning golf courses, and other recreational activities featured there.

In other news, I have created a new online storefront for gear and apparel highlighting the community of Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. Check it out at http://www.hsvgear.com/! If you have ever visited this 26,000 acre gated community, or want to, you should visit the store. You will find all 12 lakes, 9 award-winning golf courses, and other recreational activities featured there.
Many of you may remember the storefront I similarly created for Rebecca Hull and her "Little Masters by Rebecca Hull" designs last Christmas. These are the first of many projects that I am working on.
5 comments:
Oh Claire! You are so cute.
Sounds like you are well (except for the pesky tonsil thing) and enjoying your sojourn.
Take care.
how very grown up claire does look!
i look forward to seeing a picture of douglas in his tux. 'mosquito' that is brilliant.
We love HSV. Ron and I have been a couple times.
The minister from my home congregation moved there and his whole family now lives there. In fact one of his sons helped to design one of the golf courses.
Nice work.
Hey guys! What a glam girl you have! I am glad you are doing well. Douglas will look smashing in his mosquito! Looking forward to the pictures. I am so glad you have lots of projects. I would hate for you to be bored...
Great pictures! Claire is so mature with her little purse. Looking forward to seeing shots of Douglas in his finest wedding attire.
Post a Comment