Douglas has really cracked us up recently as he has been making sense of our gypsy lifestyle and the sale of the house.
This weekend, he and I baked cookies. When deciding what kind of cookies to make, he suggested that we make snowflake shaped sugar cookies (just like his most recent Tessy and Tab magazine). I said that we didn't have cookie cutters, to which he replied, "we can just buy some." When I objected saying that we didn't have a rolling pin to roll out the dough, he said "Mom, we can just rent a rolling pin." We decided for chocolate chip instead and they were delicious!
He later told me he wanted to send some of our delicious cookies to Big Idea Productions (the folks that make the Veggie Tales movies) to convince them to make a movie called Veggie Tales: Star Wars, where the vegetable characters play all the major roles including Yoda, Obi Won, Darth Vader, etc. We've been working on our cover letter for a few days.
This morning he told me, "You know Mom, that other people are living in our house in Oregon. New people." "Yes," I replied, "they bought the house. It is theirs now." To which he replied, "So, are we going to move into their house?" Apparently, he thought we were doing a house swap. He has been seeing pictures of show homes in This Old House, Home Entertainment, or other magazines and has suggested "Maybe we could live there next?" I think he is excited to help us pick out our next place.
Our kids have shown such flexibility and resilience this past year as we have traveled and been on temporary assignment. I am very blessed!
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When we moved, the kids also thought we were going to swap houses with the new owner. The other thought that had Connor confused was that we were "moving houses". He couldn't figure out how we were going to pick up our house and carry it across town!
When we moved into our current house we showed Gibson his room and he was thrilled. Of course, he for some reason believed we were talking about the large closet in his room and when we clarified and told him the whole room was his he just stood awestruck for about 10 minutes. Glad Douglas is excited. I'm mostly excited about you guys coming back.
This story about Douglas was re-printed in the Tessy and Tab blog. How fun!
http://bluelakepublishing.typepad.com/tessyandtabfanclub/2008/01/renting-a-rolli.html
Post a Comment