My cousin is getting married this Summer and they asked Douglas to due ring bearer duty. To which he sighed and responded, "I guess they'll want me to wear a collared-shirt," as if we were asking for a kidney. Tony and I gave him a pep talk and he agreed that he could survive a few hours in a collared-shirt and he said, "ok, I'll do it!" Whew! So, it looks like we'll be back in west Texas again this Summer!
We placed an offer on a house tonight in Hillsboro. We are praying that this is the right decision for our family and will put us in the right school district for Douglas' kindergarten year and beyond. We'll keep you posted!
One last Douglas story before I close. The other night I was tucking him into bed and he said he was getting too big for his twin bed. I told him that he could stay in this bed until his feet were near the foot board. He replied, "But Mom that will take twenty years!" He is now convinced he needs a big bed. We might just do it, so that we have a nicer place to host guests in the new house.
2 comments:
20 years is such a long time... ;)
I hope the offer is accepted and your transition is smooth.
You are such troopers, I'm sure you are ready for anything.
(Will you be going to Westside again?)
Thanks, Lisa. See our latest post to see the happy result!
Post a Comment