Friday, February 01, 2008

New House!

Well, it is official! We are going to be homeowners again! After much deliberation, we decided to settle in Hillsboro. See some photos of the new home in our family album.

We are in a school district that will allow Douglas to have our dear friend Melanie for a teacher next year. I can't wait to move our things in and get settled! God is good!

Douglas is excited about having a Star Wars room. I gave in and bought him a poster (a real cool one - check it out!) I think it will provide us a color scheme for some other accessories (maybe more "space" than "Star Wars" specifically). Maybe we'll invest in some glow-in-the-dark stars for the ceiling. I already disappointed him by saying I was not painting his room black. I thought it would be a hit heavy for a kid

Claire has not shown any preferences at all (other than for the sparkly accessories, as you all know), so we'll probably keep with her sweet floral and denim theme and finally hang that great valance that Nanny made for her other room! She did go wild when she saw a picture of a room that had a toddler bed in it. We are a bit afraid of getting her a bed that she can get out of at will, but maybe we'll get her a little chair her own size for her new room. She'd love that!

The house has three bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a great room. In addition, there is a family room loft upstairs that we might enclose someday for sound control. :) The master is on the main. It has lots of craftsman finishes and I think it will be a good house for entertaining. It is on a corner lot with a level, grassy backyard which will be fun to make into our own (we are seeing a play structure in our future at some point...and perhaps some more trees and garden views like we did at our old place).

This also represents a first in our marriage - we bought a home Tony has not even seen, as I went house hunting on a recent business trip back to Portland without him and the kids. Oh, the trust he demonstrates!

We can't wait to have you as our guests!

5 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Oh, I love it. And what a great backyard.

I think the two of you are amazing, so good to each other. The fact you know one another well enough to buy a house, sight unseen, speaks volumes.

God bless you both.

Kristi said...

Aww - it looks great! We look forward to coming over for some play dates. I'm so glad your address says Oregon again!

DKU said...

I think you are now going to be in MY neighborhood.... (and there are some really great people living neaby). Looking forward to having you close! DKU

Shelley LaValley said...

WOW! Your moving to our old stomping grounds! This is a wonderful neighborhood. I often wanted to sell our house and move into this cute little area of high quality homes.
We know tons of your new neighbors and believe me your kiddos will have so many friends you will be begging for some quite moments by the end of the summer!
You will also be completely impressed with Imlay.
We wish you the best with your move!
Shelley

Josh Stump said...

Congrats again on the house. We'll just be glad to share an area code with you again.