Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Aspiring List Maker

We are in the final countdown for the move and I couldn't help but share this...Douglas' list of things he needs to pack. I helped him with the sounding out, but he wrote it all. As a list maker myself, it is a proud moment.



Also, tonight he wrote out a few words and phrases on his own sounding them out. He practiced writing Tony's cell phone number (and did pretty well, although some of the digits were backwards and he missed a number or two) and started to write "Douglas taught me about Jesus" which he began to spell"Douglas tot mie.." I think that is pretty good for someone with no formal training. :)

Tonight, I mentioned to Claire that we were getting ready to move to Oregon. She patted her jammies (which her Grandma Davis made for her and she lives in Oregon). She nodded when I asked her if that is what she meant and then she ran off and got her shoes. She was ready to leave right away! She still isn't saying much, but the other night she surprised us by saying "backpack" clear as day. I suspect she is on the verge!

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Wow. He's writing well - I love that age, on the edge of writing & reading. What joy.

(I adore K & first graders. They are so earnest, delightful.)