Thursday, July 10, 2008

Vacation by Proxy

Tony and the kids took off this week for the start of our family vacation. They flew to Dallas and started a road trip from there to Arkansas. Today, they went out on Kevin and Pam's boat and had a great time. Here is my conversation with Doug about going on the inner tube:

Doug: We went out on the boat.
Mom: Oh really? Was it fun!
Doug: Yeah. When you put your thumb up they would go really fast. When you put your thumb down they would go a little bit slower.

Claire even floated in the lake with her Auntie Pam. Which I am sure was fun for both of them. She told me all about it on the phone, but as usual, I couldn't really pick out the words. But the excitement came through loud and clear!

Back at home, I realize I would make a horrible single person. It is Thursday and I have already worked over 42 hours and had Spaghetti-Ohs for dinner. I really miss having a reason to go home on time!

So, I vacation vicariously here for another week and then I'll join them. Yeah!

No comments: