Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pets

Tonight on the way home from dinner, Claire started talking about getting a pet.
Claire: Me. Baby. Doh.

Tony: What?

Claire: Baby Doh. Baby do (louder). Me Baby doh. Dou-hiss baby doh.

Tony: You want a baby dog for you and Douglas?

Claire: Yes.

Tony: Well, we are certainly not going to get one tonight.

Claire: Now.

Tony: Not now.

Douglas (joining the conversation): What about a cat? They're quiet.

Tony: Pets are a lot of work. Like you have to feed them, clean up their poop,

Claire (interupting): Walk.

Jennifer: Yes, you have to take them on walks.

Claire: Mess

Tony: Yes, you have to pick up their messes.

Douglas: And you have to feed them and water them,

Claire (interupting again): Bath

Jennifer: Yes, you have to give dogs baths.

Douglas: What about a cat?

Tony: They are a lot of work too.

Douglas: What about a parsabeet? I mean a parakeet?

Tony: I can think of a lot of pets I'd rather have than a bird. They
don't make a very good pet because you can't really cuddle with them.

Claire: No walk

Tony: Yes, you can't easily take a bird for a walk.

Douglas went on to suggest that maybe we get a pet giraffe and we brainstormed all the silly things we'd need to have such a pet (a super tall "dog house" in the backyard, a giraffee door into the house, etc).

Jennifer: Should we get a giraffe, Claire?

Claire: No way.


We can't believe how much more she is talking and communicating without those tonsils in her way. Amazing!

Today, I asked her if she knew that I loved her and brother. She said "Yes. Very much."

No comments: