My parents fly in today to attend my brother's senior recital and to visit with the family (and with green trees, after all they do live in West Texas). It has been fun to see the kids preparing for the visits, especially Claire who has said some of the cutest things. Her greatest hits are below.
When we first learned they were visiting, Douglas told Claire that he planned to sleep on the trundle bed in her room, to give his larger bed for our guests. So, from then on out whenever we mentioned their visit she would say excitedly, "And Doug-es will seep in my woom!"
About three weeks ago, Claire scrapped her arm (she is 3 after all is always nursing a bruise or scrape from her running around). She said that when Nanny comes "me will show her my owie and she will kiss it." Every day since then, she has been checking her scrape (which long healed and now has been replaced with a new one) and exclaiming how "it's healin' up," how "my owie is gone," and how "Nanny kiss my owie." Apparently, Mom and Dad's kisses don't quite have the same healing potency.
Today, I was mentioning that she was going to pick Nanny and Poppy up at the airport. She asked if I was going to come. "No, I'll be at work," I replied. She threw down her hands in frustration and exclaimed, "Well, I can't do it all by myself!" How right you are, little one. :)
The family is in route to the airport now to pick them up (Claire recruited Dad to drive, you'll be happy to know) and we all can't wait!
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment