So, we are in baby naming mode and thought I'd share some of the fun sites I have ran across that are helping with our search.Graphic timeline of name popularity.
Pretty cool! Illustrates the cycles and peaks of name popularity. Even shows you the mix of boys and girls for those unisex names. Try out your name. Now, try out your grandmother's name. Very interesting!
http://www.babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/
Best overall baby name site.
Includes drawbacks (like common teases), famous namesakes, and a perceptions area where people have left their comments and ratings of the name and the kind of person the name brings to mind. It even helps you identify if the baby's initials will spell something.
http://tools.oxygen.com/babynamer/
Rhyme Calculator.
This is fun not only with names (anticipating how kids will be teased), but other words. Type it in and it will tell you every other word that rhymes.
http://www.rhymezone.com/
Do you know of others? Post the links as comments.
1 comment:
These are all of the same sites I use. My favorite book is "Beyond Jennifer & Jason, Madison & Montana". They have great categories that I haven't seen much elsewhere.
Post a Comment