After over a month of straight rain, we actually had sunshine today. God is good! We have had over 30% of our annual rainfall in the first month of this year and I can't remember the last time the ground as been dry. Over one 30 day period, we had 55 inches of rain.
On the positive side, I have seen some incredible rainbows the past month. There was one the other day that extended in a full arch outside my office windows...one end on the OHSU/OGI campus in Beaverton and the other landing right in the middle of the Amberglen park fountain that is adjacent to my office building. Incredible!
You should begin planning your visits to the Pacific Northwest now. I can pretty much guarantee that July, August, and September will be breathtaking. Just when the rest of the country is brown, dry, and hot...it will be lush and green in Oregon due to all the rainfall we are getting this winter.
But until then, I am looking forward to the few days without rain in the upcoming 10-day weather forecast!
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment