After our trip to Disneyland, he has been obsessing about Star Wars, having gone to the Jedi Academy. He told us the other morning that he had a dream that "Darth Vader, but the good Darth Vader, came and you could take rides on his space ship. I raised my hand really loudly and he picked me." For some reason, the idea of raising your hand "really loudly" was funny to me and I am sure we all can picture what that would look like.
Tonight, he is drawing a picture of our family and he wants to write our ages above our heads. This is our conversation.
"How old are you, Dad?"
"36," Tony replies.
"Mom, are you 43?" Douglas inquires.
Eek! No sure where he got that, but apparently I need to break out the Oil of Olay!
Douglas has decided to be Spiderman for Halloween. He likes to try on his costume and "practice Halloween." He crouches down and leaps from chair to wall pretending his hands and feet stick. He gets this excited even without the candy. I can only imagine what we are in for on the 31st.
Still don't know what we will do for the girl's costume. You can see the picture of her dressed up like a pirate in the Family Photo Album.
3 comments:
Wow Jennifer, moving to Cali. has aged you! Hunter would say that I am the opposite of whatever age Ron was, 42 becomes 24...well now that Ron is 45 it isn't so funny!
It was great to see you guys this weekend. Big D will make a great Spiderman. He is one of our favorites. My boys know that I am older that Josh and always round my age up to about 10 more than what they know Josh is. Nice. Lets invest in a case of Olay!
I'm sure Douglas and our boys just assume their mommies are older because they are so much wiser...right? I can not imagine how excited our boys would be over Jedi academy. It is actually frightening. I'm not sure their little hearts could take it.
Post a Comment