Friday, September 12, 2008

School Daze

Douglas started Kindergarten. I was traveling at a trade show (I thought school started on the 2nd, but kinders start on the 4th - I felt horrible about the scheduling mix-up, but he seemed to survive). Tony took some great pictures of him getting on the bus and starting his new adventure.

I talked to him the morning of his frist day and then again after his second day of school. When asked about kindergarten, he said it was "really great, Mom." "What's your favorite part?" I inquire. He replies, "recess." How quickly they learn!
Today, I overhear him telling his sister at breakfast that after a whole week in school he is taking tomorrow (Saturday) off. And maybe the day after that.

Little sister thinks she needs to go to school. She loves meeting the bus and really wants to be on it herself. I can't wait until Tony volunteers in the classroom, bringing her along. I am sure she'll think she is part of the class (just like she thinks she is part of brother's soccer team, etc).

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

And he's off. Isn't it a wonder, how quickly they grow up?