Every year I think about the new year with anticipation and think about what I want to accomplish and what the year might hold. I have a horrible track record of fulfilling my resolutions, but I suspect I am not alone.
This year, I thought I would change my approach. Rather than having a laundry list of nearly impossible resolutions, I am going to pick a few simple things that can be themes for the year. Below are a few rough drafts. I would love your comments on your own new year's musings and plans.
Resolution #2: Hold family closer
As you may know, we are expecting our second child in May and Douglas is growing up fast. I want to spend more memory-building time and make sure our home is a warm place filled with family, friends, and laughter.
Resolution #5: Accomplish fewer things better
Time has taught me that there is never a shortage of new ideas or things that can be done. I want to make sure the things I do this year count for something and be significant enough to be worthy of the energy and effort. This could also be worded: accomplish more, but start fewer things.
Resolution #11: Tell the truth
I have always considered myself of being a high-integrity person who doesn't lie or misrepresent the truth. I suspect you are the same, but this year, I am going to be more conscious of the truth that isn't told. The observations that are not verbalized. The questions that are not asked, but that should be. I hope this makes me a better friend and makes me more open to receiving the truth from others for what it is...a gift.
Monday, December 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I so totally relate and agree, Jen. I hate setting myself up with goals that I know will be short-lived. The last few months I have been striving to know the character of God more clearly (if that is ever possible). It has been an interesting journey to look at the Old Testament with a new vision. Instead of understanding God more, I find myself more confused as to Who HE is. I want to continue this journey, so that I can better understand how to serve Him and bring Him glory. I have also come to recognize that Allan and I seem to have a much more clear calendar than many of our peers. I want to be deliberate in using the time that we choose to spend together as a family in ways that encourage our kids growth, draw our marriage closer and bring glory to God. Whew! Thanks for asking - it was good to think through this!
Post a Comment