Monday, July 17, 2006

Grown Up

"Douglas, what do you want to be when you grow up?" asked Mommy.

"I want to be....I want to be...I want to be...," he replied distantly as he considered his options.

"Yes?" she repeated

"I want to be a big brother," he said sweetly.

"Oh, that is nice. Any else?", she said expecting him to chime in with a desire to be a race car driver, fire fighter, or circus clown.

"When you go to work, what do you want to do?," added Daddy

"Hmm. I want to play golf."

"Golf?"

"Yes, golf. That would be a good thing to play."

"I suppose so," considers Mommy.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Dear?"

"I want to be a super hero when I'm grown up."

Indeed.

1 comment:

Josh Stump said...

Good choices. Really, I think people who can consistently hit a golf ball where they want it to go must really have superpowers. now we just need to convince them to use their powers for something other than hitting a little white ball with a stick.

I haven't asked, but I'm sure Gibson and Griffin both want to be lawyers. Why wouldn't they?