While I was home for maternity leave and up at all hours of the morning, I really enjoyed our backyard. The flowers were blooming, our banana tree is going wild, and it was nice to get outside each morning and water plants and just take it all in. Our yard isn't big by any standards, but our work over the years has made it a garden that presents nice views from the kitchen and different spaces for entertaining.
However, spending time out there made me acutely aware of some holes in the garden that I want to fill with flowers. I hit the Max and Hildy's liquidation sale and even went to the recycled plant nursery on Cornelius Pass Road. Found a few finds. I am a too busy to plant anything but perennials, so I am eyeing some bulbs from the mail order catalogs for delivery this Fall.
I ran across this deal through an affiliate program and thought I'd pass it along. Michigan Bulb is offering $20 off a $50 order. I get their catalogs and have some beautiful tulips in the yard that came from them. Now, I guess I have to choose what I want to add.
Next time you see me, ask me about our landscape ideas for the front yard. After not doing anything with it for six years (other than maintain the sad shrubs and patch of grass that the builder put in), I finally have a vision. The house is painted and my thoughts turn to other projects.
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment