Saturday, January 13, 2007

Busy Saturday!

After a fun family movie and game night at church last night, we had a busy Saturday. Tony had a family group leadership meeting at church, so Douglas, Claire, and I spent the morning talking and finally taking down the Christmas tree.

When I mentioned it was cold outside (the high today was 35 degrees), Douglas said that when it snowed it was Christmas and that Santa was going to bring him a Chick Hicks' trailer (this is a character in the Cars movie). I told him that it was past Christmas and that I didn't think they made a Chick Hicks trailer. He insisted that they did and that it could be found at the "building store and painting shop" that is by my work. I am not quite sure what he is talking about, but he sure spoke with confidence!

I snapped a few photos of Claire in a fancy hair bow (as she now has too much hair for the incredibly small and adorable barettes we had been using). Notice her shirt reads "Daddy loves me." Douglas insisted on wearing his new Route 66 shirt (again) that his Nanny and Poppy sent him. The headlights glow in the dark!

Tony came home and we headed off off to pick up Tony's new car: a M3 in black (surprise, surprise). Douglas sat in a fly yellow Smart car and thought they had made it for him. We then visited the Cooks at home and let the kids meet baby Sofia. What a cutie! Then Jake came over to play this evening. Whew!

We had Thai food take-out tonight and Jake wasn't so sure about the chicken with peanut sauce. We were trying to sell it by telling him it was like peanut butter. Douglas was encouraging him by saying, "It's good. Try it!" What he doesn't know is that is the line that his great-grandmother would say at every meal. Grammie fed those she loved and can still hear her say, "It's good. Try It" and if that worked she would add, "Have some more, honey."

2 comments:

jhp said...

Love the bow! ~Julie

Josh Stump said...

Wow, busy day and great picture. Griffin often declares with great confidence that various outlandish events are certainly going to take place, like Santa coming in your example. He will regularly say things like: "Tonight it will not be dark and I will not go to bed!"

I wonder if he ever gets embarrased when it doesn't work out? hmmm...

Tony, love the new car. We looked at a new Charger yesterday (also in black) and I suddenly pictured the two of us side by side on some empty stretch of road, engine's reving, with our wives standing between the cars in poodle skirts while one of them held a kerchief up in one hand ready to let it drift down to the ground as nearly 800 combined horse power tore up the pavement around them. Then I heard the salesman saying, "Sir, please get out of the vehicle, the 'engine' noises you are making with your mouth are scaring the other customers."

Good times.