Friday, January 12, 2007

Welcome Sofia!

Last night (the 11th of January), our dear friends the Cooks welcomed a new daughter, Sofia Elizabeth. She was 7 lbs, 12 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Baby and Mom are doing great! Julia is a very proud big sister. I was honored to be able to assist with the birth and be a support to Corrie. What a miracle!

Tonight, I was telling Douglas that we might go see the baby tomorrow. Here is how our conversation went.

Mom: And maybe tomorrow we can go see the Cooks and introduce Claire to her new friend baby Sofia.
Douglas: (with a worried look on his face) She can't have a sleep-over.
Mom: Oh no, Sofia is too young for a sleep over.
Douglas: She could sleep in Claire's crib. There is room in there.
Mom: I think Sofia would miss her Mommy and get hungry.
Douglas: We have two bottles.
Mom: I know, but...
Douglas: Daddy could feed Claire and you could feed Sofia. That's a good idea.
Douglas: Mom?
Mom: Yes, Dear?
Douglas: Call me "sweetheart."
Mom: Yes, Sweetheart.
Douglas: I think Peter is a big brother now.

I suppose he'll be disappointed when we don't bring Sofia home with us for a sleep-over, but perhaps he can teach Peter a thing or two about being a good big brother.

No comments: