Friday, June 02, 2006

Adjective Poetry

We subscribe to Cook's Illustrated and love the monthly editorials. In the July/August issue, the editor did a clever description of all the things he loves, punctuating each item in the list with a common opposite pair. He likes "light pancakes, heavy lifting, hard rain, soft cheese, a big storm, a small gesture, etc.."

So, here is my list. I encourage you to post a comment with your most favorite things.

I enjoy...
light comedies
heavy desserts
warm Summer evenings
cool watermelon
big musicals
small electronic organizers (long live the Blackberry)
hard cider
soft coos and sighs from my newborn daughter
the first day of school
the last hour of the day, after the house is quiet
long to do lists (you need something to keep you motivated, right?)
short comments left on our blog (hint, hint)

3 comments:

Tara said...

Ah Jennifer, I can think of many many things that I love. Here are a few:

holding my husband
sleeping in late
reading a good book
seeing people smile
making someone's day better
learning new things
stopping to smell the roses and see how beautiful life really is

Hope this list is short enough!

Jennifer B. Davis said...

It is just perfect!

Annie said...

Hmmm...things that I love?
Long naps
Short commute to work
Healthy and yummy dinners that my husband prepares
Indulgent mini-Dove bars for a late-night snack
Crazy dancing with my daughter Julia
Quiet bedtime ritual with Julia, reading a book and singing songs
Hard thwack of a tennis ball on the sweet spot of my racquet
Soft toddler feet that I want to nibble on