- Will Durant
I didn't mean to employ this bit of wisdom on our site, but I guess I haven't posted family news in a little while.
So, since you asked...the kids are doing great. Claire is giving us regular 6-7 hour stretches at night and is a great eater and Douglas is a helpful big brother. I went back to work part time this week and everyone is adjusting to the new schedule. After the holiday weekend, I'll go back full-time.
Claire loves to sit-up and look around. She is cooing a lot and Douglas and I swear we heard her say "apple" at the breakfast table the other day. She is 8 weeks old today!
Douglas is totally into Pixar's new Cars movie. He loves "Lightning McQueen" (or "Lighten Queen" as he calls him) and his favorite music is the Cars soundtrack. This is actually fine with me because it includes songs from John Mayer, Rascal Flatts, and Sheryl Crow. This is MUCH better than the clever, but annoying-after-10 hours-straight VeggieTales that were his favorites before (not that he doesn't still LOVE VeggieTales). We burned a few extra copies, and Douglas now has a copy of the CD in just about every CD player in the house and cars. He and Tony have been shopping for Cars toys and such and today he got a Lightning McQueen PEZ dispenser (which is already empty, of course).Tony is still a fantastic Dad and seems to be adapting great to his new, expanded responsibilities. I told him that Claire represented a promotion for him, but for some reason he didn't believe me. A colleague suggested to me that Tony and I should write a book about our "role reversal" experience. Perhaps after the kids are a little older and can help with the proofreading. :)
In addition to work and all the other goings on I have been gearing up a new site at Creative Outlet Labs and I invite you to tune in there and leave your comments!
7 comments:
Love PEZ dispensers. Can't stand the PEZ. I have a box full of the dispensers. Madeline always wants to get into it to look at the dispensers hoping that one will have candy in it. Being the great Papa that I am, I will load up a few for her which will quickly dispense. Jordan just likes to either: 1. chew on the dispenser 2. clang together multiple dispensers. The favorites seem to be either the Simpsons, Star Wars, or Micky and Minnie.
You know, I may have revealed too much about me here.
I can't imagine being a go-to-work-mom or a stay-at-home-mom. Being any kind of mom seems weird to me. It'll be a while before we consider that option. It sounds like you have fun with it though!
Glad to hear the update, Jen! I try to keep up with COL, but, I don't know if you realized this, it sometimes jumps into a foreign language! :-) Blessings on you and the family as you transition back to work.
Wow! I had no idea that I was bilingual! I'll check into this, as I haven't had this problem with the http://jenniferbdavis.blogspot.com location.
Ack! My bad, Jen - I was referring to the foregin language of business-speak! I'm not sure you can fix anything in the blog for that.
I agree with you that Claire is a promotion for Tony. That said, I also think his pay should be doubled. Or even better, he should get a new boat as a sort of signing bouns, that he can use to take his friends out. You know...his Church friends? That are in his family group....and have two kids....and whose last name starts with S....but I'm trying to be subtle, so I won't say any more.
Kristi, funny you should mention that business-speak is a foreign language. I ran across a jargon site the other day and was frightened to see many phrases that I had used that very day out on the site: each listed as examples of how to have a "content free" conversation. Eek! Perhaps I should invent a "jargon to English" translation site, like "Babblefish," but for business babbling.
Post a Comment