On Friday night, the camp organizers broke out a karaoke machine and we listened to a few tone deaf pre-teens sing. I suggested to Douglas that he and I might since a duet. He liked the idea so we headed up to check out their music collection. He said he wanted to sing a "rockin' song" by Rob Thomas or John Mayer. This collection was more like Elvis and Johnny Cash, so we settled on "Old MacDonald" (one of the few songs that I know we both knew).
Finally it was our turn and we each got our microphone. We stood behind the podium with the TV showing the words (and animated pictures which Douglas liked). The podium hid Douglas and I completely when I knelt down to be at his level. We sang our song. He was so excited. We went back to Derwin and Carolene's trailer to tell the crew the we had just rocked the house and they missed it (I was afraid that if we had an audience he'd lose his nerve). When we got back, he told me that next time we'd do something from the Cars soundtrack or maybe a VeggieTales. Yeah, maybe.
By the way, I posted some new photos of the kids on our Family Photo Album. Check them out!
No comments:
Post a Comment