Here are a few new entries to the Douglas dictionaryMarble: adjective. Mobile. As in, "Claire was really marble today, Mommy." "How's that?" I reply. "She climbed all the way up the stairs by herself!"
But: a bad word and when your Mom says it in a sentence like "I know you want to go outside, but that is not what I said", she needs to be corrected to told to use "bottom" or "rear end."
At the recent WalkAmerica, he was excited about walking as a family as we had done a few weeks prior on a local track (where is jogged a mile, if you can believe that). When we took off on the sidewalk, he was confused. "Where ARE we going?" he asked. "We are walking." "Around the city?" he asked in disbelief. "Yes, around the city." We go another few yards and he asks "Like Joshua?" "No, I don't expect the city will fall down once we march around it and we didn't bring any ram horns to blow." What a character!
More great photos, like this one taken by Matt Maxwell, in our family photo album (see link and Flickr feature to the right). In the background is the Jacob's Dream status by Jack Maxwell on the campus of ACU.
2 comments:
Is it odd that I hear a choir of Veggie Tales when you mention Joshua and the wall?
He is so dapper. My nephew Austin (right about the same age) also corrects me when I use 'but' mid-sentence. It freaks him out.
Glad the city withstood your marching. Hope your plans to move are coming together.
Great stuff. I know you guys are taking a little break from the NW, bottom that doesn't mean we don't expect to see Doug and Claire on a regular basis at least in pictures on this blog. We miss you guys already, rear end we take comfort in knowing it's only temporary....right?
I may just spend the whole day talking like Douglas around the office and on my marble phone.
Post a Comment